Windley School is located in Cannon’s Creek, Eastern Porirua. It was established in October 1958. It is named after the family who farmed the area. In the 1950s there were many state houses built in Eastern Porirua. As the state housing grew in the area, so did the schools.
There have been many different cultures associated to Windley School. Many of these cultural representations were determined by the Government’s immigrations policies and people moving to Eastern Porirua to live and work. The school still has a diverse range of cultures which is celebrated through our School Curriculum, Te Marau-a-Kura.